Below are some suggestions or you may wish to follow the daily Year 6 Literacy activities on BBC Bitesize home learning.
- Keep practicing your spellings using Spelling Shed. Challenge words 2 and the resources for these words.
- I have saved the resources you will need below. For extra practice use the attached spelling activity cards to help you learn the words. Ask parents to give you a quick spelling test to see how many you can remember.
- Using your plan from last week’s Literacy Shed ‘The Mysteries of Harry Burdick’ write your own story based on one of the pictures. Remember to write in clear sentences and paragraphs and to start a new line for each speaker. Use the most adventurous vocabulary you can and the Alan Peat sentences will help you to add sophisticated (clever) punctuation. Most of all enjoy writing a terrific story and remember to email me a copy that I can enjoy at home.
- Can you remember your spellings from Monday? Try a quick spelling test and practice any words you find tricky.
- Dip into BBC Bitesize Literacy sessions.
- BBC Bitesize literacy lesson
- Grammar activity from Bitesize or your Rising Stars workbook.
- Creative write. get comfy and write a story, poem, newspaper article, play or letter based on today's image from www.pobble365.com
- Or What's in the news? Explore BBC Newsround website for up to date news stories.