Welcome from the Chair of Governors
Welcome to the Governors’ pages of our website. Thank you for showing an interest in what we do as a Governing Body. My name is Rachel Rendell and I am the current chair of the Governing Body. I have been a governor for two years and the Chair since January 2019.
We work collaboratively with the Head Teacher and are legally responsible for ensuring the school provides the best possible education to all its pupils according to their needs and abilities and that the school is well-managed and financially sound.
The Role of the Governors
The Governors are appointed to provide:-
- An independent view
- A wide experience of the outside world
- A visible form of accountability for the head teacher and staff of the school
- A focus on long term development and improvement
- Accountability to the community for the use of resources and the standards of teaching and learning in the school
- Support for the head teacher and staff.
The Governing Body are the strategic planners of the school, we:-
- Employ others to carry out the work
- Appoint the head teacher who is responsible for the day to day management of the school
- Agree policies and practice which allows the head teacher to carry out their responsibilities
- Agree principles and targets for improvement
- Support and challenge the head teacher
- Review our own working practices
Individual Governors will also be involved in some of the following:-
- School improvement plan
- The curriculum
- Headteacher performance management
- Staff appointments
- The financial management of the school
- The training of governors
All Governors share the responsibilities and work as a team.
A copy of governors’ meeting minutes can be made available by request from the clerk via Clerk@spetisbury.dsat.or.uk. Please note charges may apply, more information can be found in the DSAT Publication Scheme available via: https://www.dsat.org.uk/others/